Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Animal Farm -Chapter 1 & 2

I ended up starting the term off by reading "Animal Farm" by George Orwell. I read this book my sophomore year of high school, and didn't really care for it back then. I really don't even remember anything that happens in this book. However, nine years later I am really enjoying it so far. It's amazing how your taste in reading can change with age! I love how this book is told from the animals point of view. I wonder how George Orwell came up with the idea of writing a book like this. So far in the book the animals of this farm have all come together and decided to revolt against the farmer because of his cruel treatment toward them. The animals have labeled humans as 'the enemy,' and all other animals are considered 'comrades.' I can't wait to see how the animals will use the conquered farm they now have all to themselves. I wonder if the farmer will ever come back, or if there will be any human visitors in the future. If so, I wonder what the animals will do to them since humans are now enemies.

3 comments:

  1. I read this book way too young also. I wonder what possesses teachers to assign books that require a lot of background knowledge to students who aren't ready. THere must be some committee somewhere that makes all these decisions, but they need to be replaced.

    I should re-read this book too. It's a classic for a reason -- just not one that I remember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You MUST re-read this book! It is SERIOUSLY FABULOUS! At 25 I understand this book so much better, and love it!

      Delete